Thursday 14 March 2013

THURSDAY FLOWERS Roses and Asparagus Cake Creation


This week THURSDAY FLOWERS brings you something a little different.

Class wasn't on this week so I decided to do some arranging of my own doing something different to what we normally do.
It all began as I did the weekly grocery shop and saw Asparagus on special for $1 a bunch.
I HAD TO BUY THEM .......and lots of them !

I have this beautiful photo on my Pinterest page where the clever artist has combined roses, asparagus and other blooms in one very pretty arrangement.  I have been longing to make this arrangement so the special on asparagus was a perfect opportunity to do so.

White roses were as cheap as chips at $5 a bunch so I grabbed a couple of bunches of those as well.
I teamed these with a pretty pale pink roses from the florist and it was time to start work on my creation.

I didn't want it to be exactly like the design in the photo that I admired.  I always do my own thing when it comes to creating. Trying to painstakingly copy off another persons work seems very time consuming and very boring.  Half the fun is making something unique and whatever comes from your mind.
As it turned out I was 4 asparagus spears short from completing my 'rose cake'.
mmmmmmmm   what to do ????

Until ! (this where the fun kicked in)  I decided to pretend that a slice of cake had been cut and roses were spilling out from inside it!

and my game of pretend turned out beautifully !

Would anybody like a slice ?



and what's a cake without a candle !






(below)Looks like one of the Asparagus is standing out of line.
"Straighten up soldier !"





I will definitely make another one of my new found cake creations again.  
Wouldn't it be perfect as a centrepiece for a special birthday party ? 

                        As a matter of fact......
I know that a very special bloggy friend of mine is having a birthday next week. (Yes I did know it was your birthday!)

           Happy Birthday Andrea from THE COTTAGE MARKET 
                      this birthday flower cake is just for you !  
.                    Love and hugs to you my sweet friend xo 

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. I have been unwell with a bug and needed some time out.  Hopefully I will be on the mend very soon.





5 comments:

  1. OH BE STILL MY HEART!!!!! I don't think I could think of a more fabulously WONDERFUL Birthday cake ever!!! Roses and my favorite VEG ASPARAGUS!!!!!! I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love it...but no holandaise sauce : ) LOL!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I am printing this out and making a fridge magnet from it...I so wish we could sit and have a cup of tea chatting while this masterpiece adorns the table...some day...some day...but for now...I am sending you tons and tons of hugs and love and virtual veggie soup (so sorry you are not feeling well : ( Love you dearly my friend...we will talk soon and on tuesday...I will put the picture of this fabulous cake on the dinner table with a candle!!! HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely - would be so nice for a wedding reception or shower (and I have one to throw this summer!). Would love if you shared this at my Craftastic party: http://www.sewcando.com/2013/03/show-off-your-crafts-creations-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love those blowsy blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, I never know what I'll find on your next blog post, and when I saw the veggie A SPARE SOME GAS I totally bug eyed!! What??? Asparagas with ROSES???? And such beautiful roses too....but oh, what you did. That turned out beautiful. I love the green of the veg for the base and the way you tied it up! That long leaf from a houseplant? It's so cute...like a ribbon.
    Now....I'd not want any asparagas for my bday because I just hate veggies period...but if they were covered with roses and the centerpiece??? Yes please!!
    Happy Birthday Andrea!!!
    And Get Well Soon Melanie!!
    Hugs!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUE PRECIOSAS ESAS ROSS CON LOS ESPARRAGOS.
    NUNCA LOS JUNTARIA SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete