Friday 29 June 2012

Fancy Coming To My Tea Party ?



Would you like a cup of raspberry tea ?

or maybe a pink macaroon ?
or what about a white rose cupcake ?

Come on in, take a seat and I'll pour you a cup !
Welcome to my birthday tea party.

My friends at Sweet Poison as always, supplied my birthday offerings. The pink macaroons melted in my mouth and the white rose cupcakes were delectible.
Sweet Poison offer not just cakes, but more like works of art.
The best thing is though, is that they taste as good as they look.

So my birthday afternoon tea was beautiful, pink, frilly fru fru and there was an endless pot of tea........raspberry tea to be exact !

Some teapots popped up in the pot plants....
A constant reminder of the solice that tea brings.

and a birthday party wouldn't be complete without a gift.
This little parcel arrived this morning from
but I have decided to save it for Sunday.
I wonder what it could be ?
It looks almost too pretty to open !

and in my dormant cottage garden that lies sleeping until Spring, I found great pleasure amongst the pink.
Tea parties are always sooo much fun !


Well my friends
after a very busy week I am off to have a fun filled weekend.

Antiquing Saturday is in my sites with an exciting antique fair that is being held in my town.
I am on the hunt for lace, lace and more lace.
I have been extremely busy of late preparing my range of jewellry which I will be launching very soon.
I simply cannot wait to share it with you all.

Then on Sunday it's birthday time. I'm crossing my fingers for a sleep in, but I'm sure it will begin with 4 little people sneaking in to wake Mum up with a cup of luke warm tea, cold toast with no butter and lots of kisses ! hahaha......
 and I wouldn't have it any other way ! 

So you all have a fantastic weekend,
love each other
nurture each other
and treasure every moment.

Melanie
x


2 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    I came to visit to thank you for the very sweet comment you left on my blog, and your post took my breath away. Absolutely beautiful. And, by the way, you are so bad for making rethink starting my diet again today. I had good intentions this morning but then when I saw those pictures . . . well, I guess we'll see.
    Thanks so much for visiting and leaving the nice comment. It makes me so happy to know someone out there is happy for me and really cares. It makes it so much more special. I'll try to be blogging more regularly too, things were just crazy for a while!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Melanie! Sweet photos...love a tea party alfresco :)
    shawn

    ReplyDelete